Looking for computer Co-op placement (warning this is a job seaker posting)

Warren Postma warren.postma-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 25 04:25:11 UTC 2003

> If you're smart, hard-working, posess interpersonal skills, and are good
> with Linux you'll have no trouble finding work.  If you hold an MCSE and
> program in VB I'd say a career change is in order...

My $0.02 is that a reasonable career plan is to get a good solid 10
years experience doing whatever it is that you can get hired to do in
computing, the more diverse and productive you are, the better.

Then after that 10 years, you go out on your own, hang out your shingle,
and become an independant software or IT contract guy.  I did that for
three years, and it was fun. I'm back working for a company full time
again, but I might try it again. Economic uncertainty, and the dot-bust
caused me to turn tail and run back for safety, but things are actually
not bad right now.

Regards,

Warren