laptop with international warranty & support

Ilya Palagin IlyaPalagin-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 24 18:44:54 UTC 2003

Keith Mastin wrote:
>>I'm moving to Europe for a year. I want to buy a laptop to use for multi
>> track music recording and I want to take it with me. I don't want
>>Windows to come with the laptop- I'd rather use the 500 bucks to buy an
>>external sound card like the Extigy. Foremast in my mind is
>>international warranty and support. Anyone out there have any experience
>> with any of this? Maybe email off-list.
>

> I just send a couple Sony Viao's to Indonesia. Warranties are
> international. Take a modem/network pcmcia card with you.

Compaq has international warranties as well. But all these brand names
come with Windoze preinstalled.  ASUS laptops I've seen didn't have OS
at all, there was just a driver CD. But I don't think there are a lot of
ASUS authorized service centres around the world. What I recommend is to
buy a world-accessible-service machine like Sony or Compaq and apply for
money back for the OS preinstalled due to disagreement with MS license :-)