Just an idea, may be a stupid one.

Wil McGilvery wmcgilvery-6d3DWWOeJtE at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 24 16:09:24 UTC 2003

What features of exchange server are you trying to  copy?

what information does your pulbic folders hold? Contacts? Calendars? Tasks? Everything under the sun?

Are you still using outlook as a client?

There are lots of groupware(opensource) solutions that you can employ, but any program that is supposed to replace exchange usually has a cost associated with it.

Go take look at http://www.billworkgroup.org/billworkgroup/home