adsl connection

gilles fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 24 14:15:17 UTC 2003

That's indeed a good one.  But it is not the case for
me.

I am definitely suspecting something weird like that.
The problem is that it is always (almost) impossible to
detect and you have to run a bunch of tests in
different configurations to find one which is working
(without knowing why actually).

Gilles

Quoting John Myshrall <jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>:

> On September 22, 2003 09:10 pm, gilles fourchet wrote:
> > Actually, I did go to EOL and I have tested the
modem
> > on one of their machine: it went flawlessly.
> >
> > With respect to the wire, when bell came, they
tested
> > the connection directly from the jack I am using
but as
> > well from the LAN cable plugged in the modem (the
guy
> > plugged the cable in a portable tester and said
that it
> > was okay).   Therefore, I am assuming that the LAN
> > cable is okay, the modem is okay, the copper is okay
> > and the CO is okay (but with Bell, you never know).
> >
> > I really would like to go with ADSL but I am afraid
> > run into the same problem with another provider.
The
> > other solution for me would be to have Rogers while
> > am fixing my connection.
> >
> > Anyway, any other idea, Keith :-).
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gilles
> >
> <snip>
>
> Do you have an alarm connection at your home ?  I
encountered a similar
> problem in Etobicoke. I had to install a special
filter on the phone line

http://tlug.ss.org
> TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below
80 columns