Ximian Evolution question

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 23 14:20:35 UTC 2003

> Is there a way to tell the IMAP server though to kill a message somehow?

... it's called delete... :)

> I imagine there must be otherwise space would be chewed through in a
> hurry. Is IMAP something like a web front-end, by chance?

No, but because the mail is read from the server it allows for web front
ends (doing a web front end for a system that distributes mail via POP3 is
difficult for obvious reasons).

The space considerations you mention do need to be accounted for,
otherwise some clown (my son, for example) sending mp3s to all his buddies
can bring a system down pretty fast, yup. doing the math though, I get a
huge amount of email and in over a year it barely noses over 50MB (no
attachments), so space management is not difficult.