Ximian Evolution question

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 22 16:35:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 12:24, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Kareen!
>
>   I am running 1.2.2-5 so maybe an upgrade is in order. Can I ask, I am
> almost ashamed to ask how IMAP differs from POP but it is something I
> never considered but now you have piqued my interest!

I don't know much about the protocol itself, but the end result from a
user's perspective is essentially server-side vs. client-side storage.
I know that both can be used for both purposes, but from what I've seen
IMAP is far more effective than POP3 at storing mail and synchronizing
to one or more clients for the same inbox.

Kareem

--
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611