Workaround (don't laugh; it works)

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 21 22:10:43 UTC 2003

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org wrote:

>   It almost looks as if it *INSISTS* on a real live shell.  Here's what
> I get when using -i
>
> bash: no job control in this shell
> No value for $TERM and no -T specified
> No value for $TERM and no -T specified
> sh: line 1: gettext: command not found
> No recipients were specified.

I've run across this exact problem.  There is something in .bashrc which
is expecting an interactive shell.  IIRC the last time I saw this I was
having a problem with "mesg n" among other lines.  I would avoid using
your normal .bashrc anyway[1].  Consider loading any needed environment
variables from within the script itself.  It is safer this was as you may
change your .bashrc later and break automated scripts without noticing.

[1] If I hadn't been in a rush earlier I might have considered this before
posting last time :)

Cheers,
	Rob

--