Unusual Quantities of Spam?

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 21 05:11:58 UTC 2003

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 08:24:05AM -0400, cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > "Huh?  Windows  was designed to keep  the idiots away from  Unix so we
> > could hack in peace.  Let's not break that." -- Tom Christiansen
>
> Wow, that's pretty snobbish and elitist.  No wonder nobody likes
> computer geeks.

I don't feel terribly repentant on days when I have had to wade through
hip-deep amounts of "crud" that resulted from "those idiots" having gotten
onto the Internet, and due to their incapacity to manage the systems that they
bought from Microsoft, flooded us all with crud.

Perhaps I should be sorry; I might be if there hadn't been 170MB of crud in my
mailbox.

Back in the "old days," that would be a news feed for a whole site for a week.

Back in the "old days," I had hard drives _considerably_ smaller than that.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/unix.html