ADSL connection with Woody

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 20 21:47:00 UTC 2003

Marc Lijour (Professeur d'Informatique) wrote:

> I just had the same problem. My ADSL connection was done most part of the week
> and I couldn't figure out why. The sunday before, my ISP had a hardware
> problem and I attributed all the guilt to them. The same, they opened a
> ticket, they called Bell, I talked to them etc.
> But, then I remember I BOUGHT A NEW PHONE! A nice phone btw, it's a general
> electric you can carry at the belt and you talk thru the headset and
> microphone. Very handy! (26977GE2)
> And you know what? I unplugged the phone from the wall switch and everythings
> gets back to normal. (no more PADO complaints, and no more timeout
> Config-Requests!...)
>
> I cannot understand the reason why the phone seems to disrupt the normal
> working of the line.  I just have my ADSL back.

Did you remember to install a filter on that phone?  As I recall, every
pbone must be connected through a filter.  My neighbour had the opposite
problem.  She's been trying for a couple of months, to get Sympatico
ADSL going.  We gave up on the 1st modem she got.  Then when we plugged
in the replacement, it killed the phone line for the phones.  The 3rd
modem should be arriving soon.