OT, vehicular notebook holder

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 20 20:07:05 UTC 2003

Byron Sonne wrote:
> I've STFW but no luck... I'm looking for something that is designed or
> easily perverted into being used as a holder for a notebook computer in
> a car.
>
> I've been doing a bit of wardriving lately and it's proved a pain
> keeping the notebook secured. It doesn't need to be in front of me or in
> a convenient line of sight; I'm running Kismet and just letting it log
> away happily. Currently I just have it on the passenger seat with the
> screen facing me.
>
> I've taken a peek through the windows of several cop cars lately (much
> better than the inside views I'd get as a mischievous kid) and it seems
> they're using notebooks now... any idea what they're using as a holder?

I saw one mentioned a while ago, that was essentially a port replicator,
attached to a post, that was bolted to the floor.

However, all you have to do, is Google "notebook mobile mount", to find
some examples.

If you don't need to access it while driving, a couple of bungee cords
will hold it down on a seat.