[Fwd: [u-u] SCO event :|]

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 17 17:01:04 UTC 2003

Byron Sonne <blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> writes:

> > maybe you can ask evan
> > leibovitch of the linux professional institute why sco is still a platinum
> > sponsor of the lpi as described here:  http://www.lpi.org/en/home.html

Evan can answer this better than I.

> > or, maybe you can ask matthew rice of starix fame if they are still "proud
> > to be a part of Caldera's growth" and are still "good friends" as shown
> > here: http://www.starnix.com/partners.html
>
> Although the harshness of the phrasing troubles me, I would be curious about
> answers to these questions.

Anyone who knows us, knows we're great technically but poor marketers.  Our
web site has never expressed our "mission" very well and hasn't been updated
in over two years.  Our partnership with Caldera dates back to our founding
days and we're justly proud of those firsts.  Unfortunately (or perhaps
fortunately now), it never amounted to much and we're as upset by their
recent behaviour as anyone in the Linux community.  In fact, as founding
members of CLUE, both Matthew and Evan were instrumental in founding CLIC
(http://www.linux.ca/clic).  So go ahead, be angry with SCO, we are.  But
don't hold us accountable for the actions of a one time business partner
which is now a very different company.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
tollfree: 1-87-pro-linux                        thornhill, ontario, canada