[Fwd: [u-u] SCO event :|]

Keith Mastin kmastin-PzQIwG9Jn9VAFePFGvp55w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 16 16:43:17 UTC 2003

> On 15 Sep 2003 18:35:11 -0400
> Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Oh now, pies and eggs are for politicians, we're geeks! We've got to
>> come up with something subtly devious, something that the SCO people
>> wouldn't even catch onto until it was far too late :) Oh, and I have a
>> small micro-cassette recorder to document the fun. (I somehow doubt
>> video or digital cameras will be allowed after recent events).
>
> Wouldn't real geeks have those cellular phones that can do text, video
> and sound!
>
> BTW, Bryon, you'll only get charged with assault. You can easily plead
> it down to "causing a disturbance".

All hollywood pipedreams set aside, are there any organized plans for
protest at the SCO thingy? Where are those tree huggers when we need them?
A public display of protest will make it more difficult for SCO to say
that they are supported or condoned by the toronto linux community.

I'de be willing to stand on the sidewalk with a sign and harrass the
public if I knew I wasn't alone in it. With enough people and good
planning we could get just a little media attention. I would hate to see
after-the-fact that SCO reports support and success in Toronto, and a bit
of adversary interest might take that away from them.

Does anyone on the list have any experience with this kind of thing?

--
Keith Mastin
BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.