video plugin for mozilla on linux

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 16 00:22:07 UTC 2003

On 09/15/2003 11:43:26 PM, JoeHill wrote:
> also, IIRC, there are Mozilla mplayer plugins availabe the same way, as
> well as flash, java, and realplayer.

Not exactly.  Mandrake Linux does not include any commercial software.  But
while ethics are all good and nice, there are ways to get the other you
mentioned using urpmi.  All java-related stuff is available at jpackage.org.
Flash and realplayer are a different story.  Best to just install them
manually, but there are RPMs available for Mandrake Club members (not free).

> Hey Austin, you ever hang out on the Mandrake lists?

Just the developers list (cooker).  More like I plague it...

I maintain a lot of the audio/video RPMs, the majority of the scientific
application RPMs, and some less popular GNOME2 suff.

Austin

--
                        Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
             Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant