video plugin for mozilla on linux

Kerry Panchoo Kpanchoo-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 16 02:09:29 UTC 2003

hi,

i've got an application that cycles through video, macromedia flash and
images (jpg, png, gif etc) according to a playlist. Currently i'm using
the mplayer and mplayer plugin on mozilla (vs. 1.4) running on Redhat
9.0 to do this-- we've recently seen crashes due to mplayer when we
cycle through a few video files (typically 5+) of 80MB+ a few times. Can
you make some suggestions regarding any good alternatives on linux worth
investigation, possibly another distro etc.

thanks in advance

regards,
Kerry