IPv6 (was Re:high speed DSL connectivity)

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 15 02:16:39 UTC 2003

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Chris MacDonald wrote:
> The problem is we're still using an old protocol. We should move on to
> something new, and much better. It's not just larger addresses that is
> good, it offers many other features which are nice.

Unfortunately, the IPv4 people have been very clever about finding ways to
adapt those nice features to IPv4, which has rather reduced the incentive
for IPv6.  Not all of the neat stuff has made the transition, because some
of it just plain relies on the huge IPv6 address space, but a lot has.

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org