high speed DSL connectivity

Max Blanco blanco-S8qYAnHmZTt34ZA5RureAJ4VBq8PJc8F at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 13 22:02:27 UTC 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Daniel Armstrong wrote:

> I have used Istop for over a year now and have been
> happy with the service. $30/month plus $4/month for a
> static IP, and you can use your own DSL modem.
>
> http://www.istop.com/status.html

OK.  Let's see if I get this right: ISP is charging you $48/year to change
ONE line of .conf ONCE.  That boggles the mind.  That is the promised land
of infinite markup.  It is cheaper for the ISP to use static IP.

The customer has to go through all sorts of contortions and confusions to
deal with dynamic IP.  DHCP is, if I'm not mistaken, a relic of a bygone
dialup age.

They charge you EXTRA for BD/SM.

And then you praise the least costly.