Scribus

Mike Kallies mgjk-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 12 16:42:32 UTC 2003

Moniz wrote:
> I'm looking for software that will make greeting cards - something that
> is made for it, not just a graphics program like The GIMP.  The only
> thing I could find that might do the trick is Scribus, but looking at
> their website, it doesn't specifically mention that it does greeting
> cards. Does anyone know if Scribus has a tool for greeting cards? Or
> another software?

Someone already mentioned Open Office, but nobody specifically pointed
to Open Office Draw.

I've been using the program for everything from creating very detailed
text forms, prototyping art-type-stuff, stitching panoramas and
posterizing bitmaps, it may not be the best tool for the stuff I
mentioned, but I have found it good at all of them.

Even stitching panoramas in the GIMP is a PITA because of the sheer
memory usage in the multiple layers for the photos in the shot.  The
only thing I can't get OO Draw to do is to warp or deform bitmaps in a
controlled manner.

A simple greeting card should be trivial in the program.

-Mike