strange pings

Jason Shein jshein-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 12 13:19:48 UTC 2003

This may contain some information related.

"NetBIOS Data Link Switching"
http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=0xAA+%2272+bytes%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=9ni1iso0mjc4rl8bl0438u2jpj7cifj7iu%40trollslayer&rnum=6

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 15:23, Peter L. Peres wrote:
> What machine produces a ping with size=72 decimal and uninitialised packet
> content = 0xAA ... I get lots of these. What are they ? Should I set
> uninitialized space in my reply to 0xAA and see what happens/follows ?
> <evil grin>
>
> Normal pings have size=56 (64 including header) and uninitialised packet
> bytes are 0x00.
>
> Peter
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
        And decide to replace them with something stronger"
   (o_
   //\        Linux - The Choice Of A GNU Generation
   V_/_
                                  Jason Shein
                         Linux Registered User #281100
                              jshein-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org