wireless/broadband router recommendations?

captn_silver teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 9 00:06:26 UTC 2003

I also recommend the SMC7004.  I used to use the Airport Snow as my IPMASQ
router to the internet.
and even with updated firmware, it would not process SMTP out mail to
Sympatico. I know ALL about
port 25 filtering, and what sympatico is doing about that.   I have
installed about 3 SMC routers, and zero
problems.

All I know is that when I replaced the Airport Snow, with the SMC router,
outgoing SMTP email
was able to be sent. I figure there was some weird MTU or firmware error,
with the Typhoon software that
Sympatico was using. (might have been some other sw package, I really dont
care now since I am on a different
system now)

Was kinda cool to walk around the house with the wireless computers and have
internet access...Weak signal though.
Even a solid door killed the signal.

Why wasnt i using a  Linux box? Well at that time I was still scared of
Rogers and Bells Network Security...