Qmail folders

jay-ZPnsNkHkFjk at public.gmane.org jay-ZPnsNkHkFjk at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 11 22:51:05 UTC 2003

Hi all, I have succesfully installed qmail/courier-imap and squirrelmail
on Gentoo 1.4 and got my DNS MX records setup properly. I can send and
receive mail without any problems, however, I only have an INBOX. I don't
have a DRAFTS, SENT, or TRASH folder. I try making them through
squirrelmail and I get an error message:

Quote:
ERROR : Could not complete request.
Query: CREATE ".maildir/.Sent"
Reason Given: Invalid mailbox name

BTW, I typed "Sent" and it made it ".Sent"

If I make the folder manually through a shell in my /home/user/.maildir/
directory squirrelmail doesn't even notice it.

Not only do I need these folders, I need other folders too so I can sort
my mail according to different lists I am on, just as HARDWARE and TLUG.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and what I need to do.

Thanks

-Jay