Problems With List?

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 11 12:16:59 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 17:46, Jason Shein wrote:
> That info was cut & pasted from the email I received back.

Hmmm, doesn't make much sense.  Host ss.org does not exist and is not an MX
record.  Sympatico should have sent email to the MX (lethe.ss.org) in which
case you'd expect to see "lethe.ss.org is not responding".  If a mailserver
doesn't find an MX record then it tries to send to the A record (i.e.
whatever IP address ss.org resolves to), ss.org does not have an A record so
if that's what sympatico was trying to do then I would have expected to see
"Host ss.org not found" or similar .

Perhaps Sympatico is using one of those new fangled systems that give
"friendly" error messages, more likely they just don't have a clue as to what
they're doing.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux