Fetchmail and Sympatico

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 18:20:18 UTC 2003

I was having some problems with retrieving certain mail from Sympatico
with Fetchmail, I kept getting

fetchmail: incorrect header line found while scanning headers

it was only with mail from lists.sourceforge.net.

anyway, after *much* help from several people, I have solved the
problem, and I thought I would share it with you's guys, since some of
us might be in the same situation.

what you need is a patched version of Fetchmail, as the developer is
pretty adamant about not changing his app to suit clueless MTA's like
Sympatico's or others.

If you *are* having probs, let me know, and I can send ya the patch, I
just built Fetchmail 6.2.4 with the patch and it works great!

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046