[Fwd: Support Ticket ID 12745 Has Been Replied To]

Anthony de Boer adb-tlug-AbAJl/g/NLXk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 17:54:29 UTC 2003

Matthew M. Gamble wrote:
> Kareem wrote:
> > At last night's meeting, Drew mentioned that his ISP would help with TXT
> > DNS entries for Freeswan.  What ISP's have TLUGers had good experience
> > with (i.e. good uptime, support, bandwidth, etc.)?
>
> My ISP (Echo Online, www.eol.ca) will do reverse DNS changes and TXT
> records.

Onramp (www.onramp.ca) will do the same.  Note, though, that we're more
in the business market and don't do residential DSL or such.

I note that RFC 2317 support may make this a lot easier; if an ISP is
willing to simply CNAME the in-addr.arpa entry to something in the user's
own domain (a service that has been requested in the past, for reverse
delegation of CIDR blocks), then the user can put all the interesting
records they want in their own zonefile.

> Again, it's a shameless plug because I'm the senior admin....

Likewise.

--
Anthony de Boer