Globe article

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 15:01:22 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:34:52 -0400
James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> I'm not sure about the content.  Post it, and I'll take a look.

whew, it was a post I made to the Mandrake list, forgot to tag it,
searching thru over 5000 archived posts...thankfully I could weed out
all the "re:"'s, since I was the one who posted it...

"A coalition of Canadian computer professionals dedicated to open-source
software is planning to oppose legal efforts to extract licence fees
from Linux users.

The Canadian Linux Interests Coalition, organized by members of Canada's
network of Linux Users Groups, says it plans to fight the SCO Group,
which holds certain patents on the Unix operating system. The company
claims that the Linux kernel \x{2014} the core of the system \x{2014}
contains programming code that it owns, and seeks to collect royalties
on installations of Linux."

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030821.gtlinuxjackaug21/BNStory/Technology/

--
JoeHill