Out of Office Replies

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 15:00:42 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 09:06, JoeHill wrote:

> What kind of idjit joins a mailing list with a business address, then
> sets an out-of-office reply which spams me ass-out for days?!

Lots of idiots do it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to not trigger Outlook's out of office
messages?  When sending email to a bunch of people (say 5,000) it's very
annoying to have to wade through all of the "hi I got your message" trash
along with the legitimate replies.

There's only two solutions that I can think of:

- Microsoft gets smart enough to insert a special header into their messages
  indicating that it is an automated message (I haven't seen such a header),
  this would make it easy to filter out.
- In the original mail that I send, I set some header that makes Outlook's
  autoresponder not respond to the email

Anyone know if something like the above exists?

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux