Scribus

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 10 05:09:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:00:28 -0400
Moniz <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for software that will make greeting cards - something that
> is made for it, not just a graphics program like The GIMP.  The only
> thing I could find that might do the trick is Scribus, but looking at
> their website, it doesn't specifically mention that it does greeting
> cards. Does anyone know if Scribus has a tool for greeting cards? Or
> another software?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John.

John,

   What is wrong with the GIMP?

   You need a graphics program of some kind.  Xfig does vector graphics, although its fonts are limited.  Open Office has a lot of tools that should work.  I have done some decent layouts with LaTeX.  You can use LaTeX to generate any graphics you require for this.

   The chief thing you need to design greeting cards is artistic talent.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard-42qnO8ePF9cV+D8aMU/kSg at public.gmane.org