Any Zaurus users here?

Ian linux-cOjNTMaGA5U at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 4 22:42:11 UTC 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 06:19:31PM -0400, Jason Shein wrote:
> Looking into making the plunge, and puchasing a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 or
> SL-5600.  Anyone have any experiences with these? Is the 5600 really
> worth the extra $$$?
>
> But a linux based pda to replace my ailing palm pilot would be sweet ;)

I use the 5500.  (I can't say anything about the 5600; I've never seen
it.)

The built-in PIM (calendar, address, etc.) apps suck.  I've bought the
replacement apps from TheKompany, which suck less.  (I'm using DateBk4
for PalmOS, which is what I used to use, as a comparison.  That sucked
hardly at all.  PalmOS apps in general seem to be much better-written
from a UI point of view.)

But as a Linux box with 802.11b and a root prompt that I can wear on my
hip, it's fantastic.  :-)

   - Ian