My DNS Configuration (new configuration)

Jay jay-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 4 17:36:04 UTC 2003

okay, I deleted the cbits.ca zone file and modified the penguin.cbits.ca
file

Here is my configuration now

In named.conf

zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "named.ca";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "named.local";
};

zone "5.182.11.66.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/var/named/66.11.182.5.rev";
        };

zone "penguin.cbits.ca" {
        type master;
        file "/var/named/penguin.cbits.ca.hosts";
        };

In /var/named the files

---> penguin.cbits.ca.hosts

$ttl 38400
penguin.cbits.ca.       IN      SOA     penguin.cbits.ca. jay.cbits.ca. (
                        1062647735
                        10800
                        3600
                        604800
                        38400 )
penguin.cbits.ca.       IN      NS      penguin.cbits.ca
penguin.cbits.ca.       IN      A       66.11.182.5
cbits.ca.       IN      MX      10 penguin.cbits.ca
cbits.ca.       IN      NS      penguin.cbits.ca
cbits.ca.       IN      A       66.11.182.5

---> 66.11.182.5.rev

$ttl 38400
5.182.11.66.in-addr.arpa.       IN      SOA     penguin.cbits.ca.
jay.cbits.ca. (
                        1062647695
                        10800
                        3600
                        604800
                        38400 )
5.182.11.66.in-addr.arpa.       IN      NS      penguin.cbits.ca.
5.182.11.66.in-addr.arpa.       IN      PTR     penguin.cbits.ca.

-Jay