ISP Suggestions...(was Re: Re:Help With Home Server)

Joe Hill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 2 23:14:31 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:35:44 -0400
"Matthew M. Gamble" <tlug-Xk30rxnpnVyw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > Well, as the Senior Network Admin for Echo Online (www.eol.ca) I can
> > say(with some bias) that our service is decent and our support
> > usually knows what they are doing.  On top of that, we just removed
> > our bandwidth caps from DSL.  You can run whatever servers you want,
> > as long you don't run an open relay :-)

Looks good, Sympatico is starting to piss me off, they're screwing with
my Sourceforge list mail and all they can say is "we don't support
that..." or "don't you have access to Outhouse Express...?"

I don't get the diff between DSL and PPPoE DSL, other than the greater
bandwidth, how does the regular DSL service connect if it's not PPPoE?

Cheers!

P.S. Why was this list so quiet for so long, now all this traffic?

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046