Kernel 2.6 and wheelmouse

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 31 21:03:57 UTC 2003

No ideas, but here's what I got if yer interested. Distro is SuSE 8.2,
stock kernel, I'm running a logitech PS/2 wheelmouse (M-BJ58) but not
wireless:

XF86Config...

	Section "InputDevice"
   	Driver       "mouse"
   	Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
   	Option       "ButtonNumber" "2"
   	Option       "Device" "/dev/mouse"
   	Option       "Name" "Autodetection"
   	Option       "Protocol" "imps/2"
   	Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
   	Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	EndSection

And apropos (far as I can tell) modules...

	mousedev                4148   0  (unused)
	evdev                   4032   0  (unused)
	input                   3104   0  [mousedev evdev]

SuSE probed and set it all up during the install. I've checked every
*Xmodmap and *xinitrc file on my box and nothing in 'em for mice
pointers. YMMV but if there's any other files you'd like me to check let
me know.

Later,

	For good, return good. For evil, return justice.