Cogeco

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 31 20:41:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 05:59:10PM -0500, Sidney wrote:
> I am interested in getting an internet phone in Toronto, can you suggest
> where to look for software/hardware?

Ours is a Nortel, and runs by being connected to a BCM3000 which is not
cheap, but is a nice small phone system (We have 16 regular extensions,
and support for many IP phones).  It is quite expandable too.  I think
it runs somehting like $12000 for 6 regular extensions, the BCM3000, 3
IP phones, and such.

It also has h.323 gateway support, so it can technically connect to
internet standard basd voice over IP software, although I haven't tried
it, so I am not sure exactly how that would work.

Cisco also makes such things, but apparently change a lot more money for
it.  Not sure what the 3com stuff costs.

It is neat to have someone in Windsor hit 9, number, and be dialing
Toronto locally though.

Lennart Sorensen