IT Job creations... IT job losses?

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 31 18:40:09 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 13:20, JoeHill wrote:
<snip>
> Ah, well, to each their own. I kinda like typing "su" and having to
> enter a password, it appeals to the paranoiac in me ;-)

<anecdote>
Just be careful you don't get into too much of a habit of just typing
passwords.  I've actually shut down my mail server late one night
thinking I was shutting down my local workstation.  It wouldn't have
been so bad if the server wasn't located on the other side of the city.
On the plus side, since the server ran GNU/Linux, all I had to do was
call my Mother in the morning, and ask her to turn the machine back on.
Within minutes, mail was processed for the night.
</anecdote>

Kareem

--
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611