RH9 ISO Updateing, How?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 31 16:47:26 UTC 2003

Hi all,

   I know that you can mount an ISO a file system, and I know that you
can add or update packages doing this, but I can't say that I actually
know how. I build a decent number of systems and most of them use either
the Intel 865x or 875x chipset and, when an add-in video card is used,
it is usually a newer nVidia. The problem being of course that not all
of the features of those chipsets (ie. AC'97 audio, NIC) are supported
by the kernel native to the RH9 install disks. I can work around this
okay, but it is pretty hard for some customers. Never mind that even
though I can do it, it is a pain in the arse. :)

   So, my question is, does anyone know how, or better yet know of a
HowTo that can show me how to properly do things like update packages
(ie. kernel, up2date SSL) and add drivers (ie. nvidia, e1000) to the
Redhat 9.0 install CDs so that they will be available and used during
install?

   Many thanks!!

Madison