NVU the WYSIWYG HTML for linux

Jason Shein jason-gaRZxGPHtpBxZtjKW1aY+1aTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 30 23:19:09 UTC 2003

Tom wrote:
> "Austin" <aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org> wrote in message
> news:1067523511.2445.10.camel-33sJirT1wKw4/KGrnxCAsvBjuwtQqDz/bwi28uEu5RNjYx0XDsrlOQ at public.gmane.org
>
>>Yes, it's cool to see them trying to give a little back.
>>No, it's not cool that they are spreading propaganda and singing their
>>own praises for 'the open-source dreamweaver', which doesn't even have a
>>developers site yet, which is built on top of Mozilla, and which I don't
>>think will be HALF as good as dreamweaver.  It's the method to their
>>madness that bothers me.
>

> Don't slag them for building on top of Composer - that's the whole idea of
> open source.  As a developer, it's much more fun to start your own project
> from scratch, but it's better if we try to build on each others' work.
>
> Tom.
>

>>That said, I've very excited to try it.  I've been waiting a long time
>>for linux web-development for dummies like me.  Bluefish is only fun for
>>so long...
>>
>>Austin
>>
>>--
>>                                 Austin Acton
>>        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate
>>               Department of Chemistry, York University, Toronto
>>        MandrakeLinux Volunteer Developer, homepage: www.groundstate.ca
>>

>>--
>>The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://tlug.ss.org
>>TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

So is it just coincidence or marketing intervention that this
announcement comes just days after Codeweavers announced bronze level
support for DreamweaverMX and FlashMX on their Crossover Office software

Read the press announcement here
http://www.codeweavers.com/site/about/general/press/?id=20031027

Changelog here
http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/cxoffice/change_log/

And supported apps here
http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/cxoffice/supported_apps/

--
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
        And decide to replace them with something stronger"