NVU the WYSIWYG HTML for linux

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 30 20:30:36 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:57:04 -0500 (EST)
Teodor Iliescu <tiliescu-ZdyLq7YhDA8hunQcOVOuvCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> Getting a cronjob to update the text file does the job, although it is
> so inefficient. Think about it, you are running the cronjob every 5
> minutes or so, and you are causing I/O. Plus, the reading is not
> necessarily accurate, if it is outdated by 5 minutes.

It's on a seperate machine, so I'm not too concerned about I/O. Also,
with print, it doesn't serve the output in the font I want. I'm not
going for dead-on accuracy, either, it was really just to see a basic
indicator (not too good at this point, I had to reboot due to some file
corruption in my home dir from MLDonkey...grrrrrr!)

OTOH, I should be looking into Perl anyhow, as it is one kick ass
scripting language from what I've seen, and would be useful for so many
other porpoises ;-)

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046