IT Job creations... IT job losses?

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 30 10:11:40 UTC 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:43:29 -0500
cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org uttered:

> I can't think of other ways that there would be millions of dollars in
> savings, and the thing that I expect it really points to is #1.  If
> Microsoft is actually being competent about this, the result would be
> a huge phalanx of _unemployable_ MCSEs.
>
> Success in truly creating a "Zero Administration" version of Windows
> would mean mass unemployment for the existing admins.  Which ought to
> be scary to them...

I guess the point is, do we want the IT industry to consist of people
filling sand bags against the latest and greatest MS blunder, or do we
want an IT industry creating jobs by developing new ways for people to
be more productive, creative, etc.?

Software developers and admins seem to spend too much time trying to
react to the latest threat, rather than building more useful software
and systems.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046