AEI suxx for Linux customers.

Sergey Kuznetsov skuznets-WRMZ5ucGVl4BXFe83j6qeQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 29 18:49:18 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,

Some history:
Now I am urgently looking for ADSL connection, because my previous
connection was with my previous employer (MCI/UUNET).

I have few my personal domains and don't have any bussines web-sites
at all.
But the strange thing is what my phone number is not recognized as
phne number which have the ADSL servise in my area, but it is servising,
because I had my ADSL connection in this area for full 3 years and
ILEC is Bell itself.
For now I am loosing my email, and I am desperately need my new ADSL
connection. I tried to reach IStop but Ralph recomended me to connect to
Sympatico for the first month and then to transfer my connection to
IStop, but I can't afford it, because I can't change my DNS IP address
every two days and wait 2 days more when it will propagated around the
world.

I started to look at canadianisp.com, and find what AEI looks very nice to me
as good as IStop does. I called them to check if they are allow to have
fixed IP and servers on customer side, and they are said what they are
disallow to do that.
"In this case", I told to AEI, "you won't see any Linux customers, who is well
experiensed, and who is not the pain in their ass, but who needs the fixed IP
and server allowance"

Okey, Now is the question: Is there any ADSL provider, who can give the fixed
IP and allows server on customer side, and quite reliable financialy and
technicaly?

--
All the Best!