Fighting back against Swen/Gibe.F

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 29 17:21:45 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 11:30, JoeHill wrote:
> On 29 Oct 2003 11:28:20 -0500
> Kareem Shehata <kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> uttered:
>
> > and XP.
>
> For the love of sweet Jesus why?! ;-)

Unfortunately, EE's have less choice than other "technology" people.
Schematic, PCB, and FPGA tools are still predominantly Windows or
proprietary Unix.  I would love to use Orcad under Linux or BSD, same
thing for Synopsis or Cadence.

Alas, only the Xilinx tools run decently under Wine.  I've heard rumours
that Xilinx will be pushing more Linux solutions Real Soon Now, but I'm
waiting to see if they actually release anything native.

Kareem

--
      kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -   Kareem Shehata   -   416-676-6611