Fighting back against Swen/Gibe.F

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 29 15:59:35 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 08:02, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> On Monday 20 October 2003 11:23, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> > If anyone else is having a problem with this and is interested in my
> > scripts just say the word.
>
> I had a couple off list requests so I made a few scripts available at
> http://www.wehave.net/spam/ ... hopefully someone finds them useable.

Continuing my own little thread :-)

My worm problems have been reduced now to the point where they're tolerable.
From a month of consistently receiving over 200 worms per day (a high of 348
in one day) I am now down to 15, 15 and 16 over the past 3 days.  Whether my
scripted complaints just coincided with an overall reduction of the worm on
the Internet I don't know.

I suspect that some Debian mailing list subscribers got this worm and that's
how I'm receiving so many copies.  I noticed that the Debian bug tracking
system (works by email) is filled with this worm as well.

Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux