Backup to CD

Jason Shein jason-gaRZxGPHtpBxZtjKW1aY+1aTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 29 15:47:02 UTC 2003

Ilya Palagin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In addition to yesterday's backup discussion - utility for backing up
> filesystem to CD. It automatically creates bootable CD and doesn't work
> if there is <=32MB RAM available :-)
>

> Package: mondo

>  Mondo uses afio as the backup engine.
>  Mondo creates ISO images of your data to make a full backup of your
> system. It also makes the CDs to autorun and gives you several options
> to restore your  system.  In the event of catastrophic data loss, you
> may restore some or all of your system from those CDs, even if your hard
> drives are now blank.
>
> (taken from Debian)

I have been using mondo for about three years now. It has saved my
system during the Linux learning process ( READ - trashed systems ) many
times. Download the new .iso file if you have the bandwidth. It contains
all the dependencies for most systems, and has an installation system
for most distros. I installed on suse 8.2 with no problems whatsoever.

http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/index.html

http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/download/isos/mondo-install-cd.iso
The ISO is updated on Sundays and Mondays.

--
" Eventually people tire of repairing broken Windows,
        And decide to replace them with something stronger"