package management again, and Debian

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 28 17:09:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:45:26 -0500
Toomas Karmo <verbum-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> I've been in correspondence with some people about package management.
> I wrote my thoughts up at some length, and will recycle that piece of
> writing for this listserv (since recycling may help a few readers,
> given the interest sparked  on the listserv
> yesterday when Debian package management came up for discussion).

Wow.

Thanks, that was a *very* thoughtful and well-argued piece of writing, I
really enjoyed reading it, and I'm more convinced than ever that
Debian is in my future. Technically speaking, I can't complain too much
about Mandrake, but the absolute dedication of the Debian "organization"
to GNU, free software, open source, the whole integrity thing really
appeals to me, and if you want it, Debian, as you point out, can be just
as "bleeding edge" as Mandrake or any other distro. I'd certainly miss
the Mandrake community that I've become a part of to some extent, but I
have to admit that I sometimes find the"higher beings" in that community
to be a bit on the arrogant side.

Anyway, very well done, loved it.

--
JoeHill