linux (TM) keyboard

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 27 22:19:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:13:58 -0500
"Stewart C. Russell" <scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> uttered:

> I always used to clean my old IBM in the bath; clean warm water, no
> soap. I believe it's still working to this day on my parents'
> computer.

I have an IBM keyboard, I just removed the top half which houses the
keys themselves and washed that part. This top half is pretty much
sealed in terms of allowing dirt to get down into the actual
electronics/actuators, so it was all I needed to clean. Shook it out
real good, ran the blow dryer over it on low heat for about 10 minutes
until I couldn't shake any more water drops out, reattached to the
bottom, good as new.

If you can seperate the two parts, it makes it a lot easier, and of
course safer.

If Colin B. is reading this, he knows exactly the kind of keyboard I'm
usin', eh C.? ;-)

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046