linux (TM) keyboard

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 27 12:25:49 UTC 2003

"Tom Legrady" <legrady-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> on Sunday, October 26, 2003 6:11 PM
wrote:

> Considering a good programmer's time is worth $50/hr, or better ... you
> can spend half an hour getting your keyboard to work, or you can spend
> $25 on a new keyboard the next time you're near a computer store.

As at least one other poster has pointed out there are some old keyboards
that have a feel, or features that can not be found in new keyboards. In my
case I have a not quite so old Logitech ergonomic keyboard, that while quite
ugly is very comfortable to type on. Also, getting new ergonomic keyboards
is in itself a pain, and will not get them new for anything like $25.

Coming back to the original question, I have taken the keyboard apart to
clean, and I have found a damp cloth that was soaked in very hot water (then
wrung out) works fine. This of course assumes you are willing and able to
take the WHOLE keyboard apart. I was somewhat surprised to find that they
switch arrangement under they keys was the rubber dome sort of arrangement I
normally associate with TV/VCR remote controls...