linux (TM) keyboard

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 27 02:35:51 UTC 2003

I have a keytronic Omnikey which is switcheable between Dvorak and Querty
layouts, so I can use it with any computer without installing software. As
well, I dropped a 17" monitor on it from a considerable height at one point
when my Ikea computer desk collapsed. (The desk is now braced with aluminum
angle.) Appart from having to replace one keyswitch (which I swapped from
some infrequently used location), the keyboard survived completely.

It must be at least 10 years old by now, and still works fine. Modern
keyboards are much less expensive but much less versatile and robust. I just
hope this one goes on forever. Keytronic don't make anything like it any
more.

Peter

--
Peter D. Hiscocks