Cogeco

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 24 14:59:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:55:08PM +0200, Carola Koitz wrote:
> Who has experiences with Cogeco and I also would like to know
> if  Cogeco has port 25 restriction?
> We are currently customers of sympatico with a web and mail server
> at Verio and we would like to change our ISP.

Outgoing bandwidth seems to be painful most of the time.  At least the
guy who works from home in windsor with an IP phone running over IPsec
as bad sound quality and dropouts often.  It is supposed to require only
about 80kbit for a full quality call.  We are running it at 57kbit and
it still has dropsouts frequently.

The connection also just drops every few weeks for a short while.

I know I wouldn't use cogeco if I lived in their service area.

Lennart Sorensen