ctrl+alt+f* combo problem

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 24 02:19:59 UTC 2003

Hi all!

   I put together a system last that used a video card and chipset not
natively supported by the Redhat 9.0 kernel. This doesn't in itself seem
to be a problem (btw, that is an nVidia 5200fx and an Inted D875PBZ
mainboard). The only lagging problem is that for some reason the key
combination <ctrl> + <alt> + <F*> does NOT open a new shell session, in
fact it seems to do nothing at all.

   First off, what process actually watches for this key combo (so that
I have a pointer to where I should look) and more has anyone seen this
problem elsewhere before?

   Any help or pounters is greatly appreciated!!

Madison