Mandrake 9.2 and LG CD Drives

Austin aacton-B71PBEe7S7Y at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 23 16:18:57 UTC 2003

On 10/23/2003 12:02:39 PM, JoeHill wrote:
> Thanks for the link. I'm thinking of skipping 9.2 and going to
> Cooker,

I run cooker all the time on two of my three machines.  The trick is to
update a day or two late, and watch the mailing list to make sure there
are no "You broke KDE!" or "supermount is using 100% cpu!"
messages.  ;-)  More help is good though.  Cooker users report a LOT
more bugs than beta testers.

> somewhat out of boredom (everything just works too well!) and
> somewhat out of wanting to join in the fun on the Cooker list.

Esh... the cooker list I could do without.  100+ emails a day (up to
200+ during testing season), lots of bickering...

> Whaddaya think? My only issue would be the gaming and multimedia
> aspects, which I enjoy greatly. I would need to compile my own Nvidia
> drivers, I suppose?

Yeah, you would have to recompile nvidia every time you update the
kernel.  You don't have to update the kernel every time though.

I have a cooker mirror here in toronto.  I don't have enough bandwidth
to make it public, but I'm working on a solution to that...

Austin