USB 2.0 External CD Burner on a USB 1.1 computer

Teodor Iliescu tiliescu-ZdyLq7YhDA8hunQcOVOuvCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 22 22:15:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Mel Seder wrote:

> I have an ASUS P4B266 motherboard.  Their shipping box says USB 2.0
> (optional) so I suspect I don't have it.  I don't remember putting in
> any kind of USB card when I assembled the computer.

I've looked at your mobo's specs, and it mentioned that both USB 1.1 and
USB 2.0 connectors are optional.

I guess the only thing you can do, is order the optional part, or buy a
USB 2.0 card. I'm sure that it is cheaper to get the USB 2.0 connector.

Good thing you asked before you went out to get the burner. :o

Hope this helps.

--
Teodor I.
http://penguincomputing.iwarp.com