could not allocate partition

aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 21 18:37:38 UTC 2003

Jing Su wrote:

> is this an otherwise blank drive?

No - W98SE and W2K are on it.

> are you running out of primary partitions?

Yes.

> have you tried making an extended partition and putting them into the
> extended partition as logical partitions?

I don't see any option i Disk Druid to select 'extended'. It's not under
'file type' of course - you can force to be primary, but not extended.

I took the wimps way out and just created a / and a swap.  Next time
I'll brave the rapids and try fdisk - I think you can choose 'exteded'
with fdisk.

Thanks for your help.

Chris