Mandrake 9.2 laptops (?)

Marc Lijour (Professeur d'Informatique) marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 22 04:07:57 UTC 2003

I have a DELL Inspiron 2500, and everything is working fine with Mandrake 9.2.
combo ethernet-modem (win-modem but works), touchpad from synaptics (works at
the same time as the mouse), i815 chip for the video and ACPI.

The only trouble is MS software that come bundled in a DELL CD. Once I tried
to install vmware and get my paid ($$$) MS windows installed in the VM, but
the CD won't boot in it (checks for the laptop BIOS). Bottom line, windows
works but not in vmware.

The advantage seems to be the price of the laptop, plus it's working.

Hope that helps.
Marc